Selecting the right decor style to reflect your personality is a big part of the overall planning of a wedding.
Choosing a style for your wedding might seem like a daunting task with so many different styles out there. However, when you think about it, your wedding day décor and details should be a direct reflection of you and your fiancé. Think about your style of clothes, the kinds of things you like to do and all the other little details that help you create your personal style. Choosing a style or theme for your wedding should reflect all of that and more.
It can also be dictated by the venue you choose. You chose your venue for a reason and you don’t want to take away from it. Consider a style that enhances and complements the venue. This will make everything stay cohesive and it will look like it belongs to you.
Here are a few key details about some popular styles today to help you choose which one is right for you and your venue and which one falls more in line with your personal style as a couple.
1. Rustic: For the couple who loves the outdoors. An outdoor wedding won’t be a bad idea. Rustic can be made to look more casual or more elegant depending on the flowers used. It often involves woody elements such as curly willow, branches, wooden barrels, driftwood and natural looking vases/containers.
2. Classic: For the traditional couple, a country club or a large ballroom that has classic carpeting and drapery already. Florals in this style are usually round in shape and the colors and flowers are all mixed together. They can be big or small, but the shape generally remains the same.
3. Glam: For the couple who likes flash maybe wants to make a larger production of their wedding. Florals for this style are usually big and lush, such as hydrangeas, peonies and garden roses. It often includes other elements such as crystals—but can also be achieved with a lot of candlelight and a lot of flowers.
4. Contemporary: For the modern couple who likes contemporary art, clean lines and/or minimalistic décor—but still wants to be able to wow their guests. This style may not be as big in size as glam or classic, but it is more of a “clean” look and it is sometimes about making a big statement with less—perhaps using bigger or more expensive flowers (like orchids) in these arrangements; or using only one or two types of flowers for everything. ” Less is more”
5. Garden: For the couple who loves nature. Also a perfect, complementary style for those getting married in a garden. This style will not take away from the beautiful garden ambiance that drew you to your venue—instead it will enhance it and complement it by creating minimal floral arrangements, using a lot of foliage (including leaves, vines and flowering branches). The foliage helps the design blend into the garden so it looks like it belongs.
6. Vintage: For the couple that loves antiques, soft colors and treasures the past. This is usually a very romantic style due to the softness of the décor. The containers/vases for these arrangements are often delicate glass or gold pieces (and sometimes a combination of all both). The containers don’t always match perfectly but the décor is connected through the flowers used in the arrangements. There is usually some asymmetry to this style.
Finally, don’t be afraid to mix and match. A good floral designer should be able to use elements of two or more different styles to create a personalized style to make your wedding day look like it’s yours! It’s very important to seek professional help.
http://luxurybyomu.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/rubans-rouge-elegant-decor-lagos.jpg450600adminhttp://luxurybyomu.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Logo.pngadmin2014-02-21 09:23:142016-05-30 09:27:53The Right Decor For You